(1) These procedures are intended to give effect to the uniform implementation of the Adjunct, Visiting and Conjoint Appointments Policy.
(2) The Vice Chancellor has the authority to approve all adjunct, visiting and conjoint appointments and renewals (other than for adjunct professionals) in accordance with University Policies and Procedures.
(3) Executive Members have the authority to approve adjunct professional appointments and renewals in accordance with University Policies and Procedures for appointments within their cost centre.
(4) Nominations for adjunct, visiting and conjoint appointments are to include:
(5) By nominating an appointee for a visiting academic appointment, the work unit automatically accepts the costs of any visa requirements associated with the appointment.
(6) For overseas visiting academics, it is also necessary to apply for a training and research visa (subclass 402) through the Research Stream. HR Services is responsible for organising this type of visa.
(7) The completed documentation is to be referred to:
(8) If the nomination is approved, the documentation is forwarded to HR Services for a letter of offer to be prepared. The letter of offer will include details of the facilities or resources that will be provided, and the provision that in exceptional circumstances the University reserves the right to withdraw an appointment by letter.
(9) In the case of visiting overseas academics, after the appointment has been accepted HR Services will contact the appointee concerning the visa application process. When the visa application process has been approved by the Department of Immigration and Border Protection the appointment can proceed.
(10) Approximately three months prior to the expiry of an appointment, HR Services will advise the relevant Head of Work Unit of the approaching conclusion of the appointment so that any appropriate action can be initiated.
(11) Where a renewal is intended, the Head of Work Unit or relevant Executive Member should provide the appointee's CV and a completed Adjunct, Visiting and Conjoint Appointment Cover Sheet which provides specific details of the appointee's:
(12) The completed documentation is to be referred to:
(13) Renewal nominations must be received by the approving officer at least two months before the expiry of the existing appointment.
(14) The completed documentation is to be forwarded to HR Services for a letter of offer to be prepared or advice issued that the appointment is expiring.
(15) Letters of offer will include details of the facilities or resources that will be provided, and the provision that in exceptional circumstances the University reserves the right to withdraw an appointment by letter.