(1) These procedures are intended to give effect to the uniform implementation of the Smoke-Free Workplace Policy.
(2) All new employees will be informed that Southern Cross University has a smoke-free workplace policy as part of their induction.
(3) Any grievance over smoking shall be referred in the first instance to the relevant Head of Work Unit for resolution. If the grievance remains unresolved, staff may either complete an Incident, Accident and Hazard Report, or contact the Manager, Workplace Health and Safety.
(4) The University encourages staff and students to read about the effects of smoking and passive smoking and supports those staff who would like help to stop smoking by referring them to Quit Smoking programs and providing assistance through the Employee Wellness Program and counselling through the Employee Assistance Program.
(5) Further information on the effects of smoking and passive smoking can be obtained from the following websites: