(1) These procedures are intended to give effect to the uniform implementation of the Relocation Assistance Policy.
(2) When accepting an offer of appointment in which relocation assistance is offered, a new appointee is required to sign and return an Employee Relocation Assistance Agreement to HR Services.
(3) When the signed agreement is received, the HR Officer (HRO) coordinating the relocation will contact the appointee to discuss the details of their relocation.
(4) After discussing their arrangements with the HR Officer (HRO), the appointee is to organise their travel, removal of their furniture and personal effects and accommodation (if they are choosing to receive a 'settling-in allowance'). Original tickets/receipts and quotes for removal are to be retained and provided to the coordinating HR Officer (HRO) upon commencement.
(5) Where overseas appointees elect to receive their accommodation assistance as temporary accommodation, HR Services will work with the relevant work unit to arrange one week of suitable accommodation after liaising with the new appointee.
(6) Where existing employees are relocating from one SCU locality to another, a letter will be forwarded to the employee concerned and the HR Officer (HRO) coordinating the relocation will contact the employee to discuss the details of their relocation.
(7) The employee must refer all requests for assistance/reimbursement to the coordinating HR Officer (HRO) and support all requests with original agreements, contracts, quotes, invoices or receipts, as appropriate.