(1) This Policy replaces Chapter 4.30 of the Academic Policy (December 2010).
(2) For the purpose of this Policy refer to the Academic Board's Definitions Policy.
(3) The Academic Board Appeals Committee is an appeals committee for students. On behalf of the Academic Board, it shall hear, examine and determine student appeals in relation to exclusion on academic grounds, student assessment or higher degree progression. From time to time, it may also be requested to hear an appeal on any other relevant matter referred to it by the Chair, Academic Board. The Academic Board Appeals Committee is a University body that assists in assuring quality in academic outcomes for students by considering potential irregularities in assessment processes.
(4) The Academic Board Appeals Committee Procedures are established to ensure fair and equitable outcomes for all student appeals received and dealt with under the relevant University Rules.
(5) Students may submit appeals under the University's Rules Relating to Awards as follows:
(6) Appeals must be lodged on the Appeals Form.
(7) More information, pertaining to the conduct of appeals and related timelines is documented in the Academic Board Appeals Committees Procedures and related timelines, which can be access via Associated Information page.