This is the current version of this document. To view historic versions, click the link in the document's navigation bar.
Section 1 - Purpose
(1) The Academic Standards and Quality Committee is a subcommittee of Academic Board. It is the principal advisory committee of the Academic Board on issues relating to academic standards and quality for curriculum delivery. The Committee will:
Top of Page
- develop, monitor, review, and advise the Academic Board on, University Rules, Policies, Procedures and Guidelines relating to developing, maintaining and assuring academic standards and quality in delivery of the University's curriculum;
- monitor and report on academic performance of units and courses with respect to student outcomes against internal and external benchmarks;
- monitor and report on equivalence of academic standards in delivery of units and courses through external benchmarking;
- assure the effectiveness of processes for monitoring and review of units and courses;
- monitor and report on maintenance of academic integrity in delivery of units and courses;
- identify, monitor and report on risks to academic quality, including risks to compliance with related Threshold Standards under the Higher Education Standards Framework (Threshold Standards) 2021;
- and consider and report to Academic Board on any matters referred to it by the Vice Chancellor, the Academic Board or by the Chair, Academic Board.
Section 2 - Composition
(2) The membership of Academic Standards and Quality Committee is:
- Ex officio members:
- Chair: Pro Vice Chancellor (Academic Quality)
- Deputy Chair (Teaching and Learning), Academic Board
- Chair, Teaching and Assessment Committee
- Chief International Officer (or nominee)
- Director, Centre for Teaching and Learning (or nominee)
- Director, Business Intelligence and Quality (or nominee)
- Vice President (Students) and Registrar (or nominee)
- Elected members:
- Two academic staff members, at least one of which much be a Lecturer (Level B) or Senior Lecturer (Level C)
- One coursework student (appointed by the Chair).