This is the current version of this document. To view historic versions, click the link in the document's navigation bar.
Section 1 - Purpose
(1) The Teaching and Assessment Committee is a sub-committee of the Academic Standards and Quality Committee that provides advice on issues relating to teaching and assessment practices and standards. The Committee will:
Top of Page
- develop, monitor, review, and advise the Academic Standards and Quality Committee on, University Rules, Policies, Procedures and Guidelines relating to practices and standards in teaching and assessment;
- consider and report on issues related to practices and standards in teaching and assessment, including with respect to curriculum design;
- monitor and report on continuous improvement strategies in course and assessment design based on student feedback;
- monitor and report on equivalence of assessment practices and standards through moderation and benchmarking;
- monitor and report on the suitability of learning resources for students to meet the requirements of their course; and
- consider and report on any matters referred to it by the Academic Standards and Quality Committee, Academic Board, or Chair, Academic Board.
Section 2 - Composition
(2) The membership of the Teaching and Assessment Committee is:
- Ex officio members
- Chair: Pro Vice Chancellor (Academic Innovation);
- Director, Student Support (or nominee)
- Director, Centre for Teaching and Learning
- Director, Library Services
- University Academic Directors, Educational Partnerships, or equivalent
- Associate Dean (Education) from each Faculty and College
- Deputy Chair (Teaching and Learning), Academic Board
- Elected members
- One coursework student.