This is the current version of this document. You can provide feedback on this policy to the document author - refer to the Status and Details on the document's navigation bar.
Section 1 - Purpose
(1) The Student Academic Experience Committee is a subcommittee of Academic Board. It is the principal advisory committee of the Academic Board on issues relating to the student academic experience. The Committee will:
Top of Page
- Develop, monitor, review and advise the Academic Board on University Rules, Policies, Procedures and Guidelines relating to:
- supporting successful transition to study including orientation and early assessment;
- academic and other student support services;
- student representation and voice;
- recognition of academic achievements.
- Monitor and report on:
- the effectiveness of, and student engagement with, student academic support services including transition to study services;
- student retention;
- students at risk and their engagement with student academic support services; and
- participation, progress and completion by identified student subgroups in the context of student support services.
- Advise on general and specific initiatives undertaken to improve student engagement and experience.
- Consider and report on any matters referred to by the Vice Chancellor, Academic Board or the Chair, Academic Board.
- Make a standing report to Academic Board at each ordinary meeting.
Section 2 - Composition
(2) The membership of the Student Academic Experience Committee is:
- Chair: Vice President (Students) and Registrar;
- Associate Deputy Vice Chancellor (Students);
- Dean, Graduate Studies or nominee;
- Chief International Officer or nominee;
- Director, Student Administration Services or nominee;
- Director, Centre for Teaching and Learning;
- One Associate Dean (Education) (appointed by the Chair, Academic Board for a two-year term commencing on the date of the first meeting after their appointment);
- Team Leader, Indigenous Australian Student Support;
- Director, Business Intelligence and Quality;
- One undergraduate student (appointed by the Chair, for a one-year term commencing on the date of the first meeting after their appointment);
- One postgraduate student (appointed by the Chair, for a one-year term commencing on the date of the first meeting after their appointment).
(3) The Committee may co-opt such other persons to its membership as it determines from time to time.