This is the current version of this document. To view historic versions, click the link in the document's navigation bar.
Section 1 - Purpose
(1) The Student Academic Experience Committee is a subcommittee of Academic Board. It is the principal advisory committee of the Academic Board on issues relating to the student academic experience. The Committee will:
Top of Page
- Develop, monitor, review and advise the Academic Board on University Rules, Policies, Procedures and Guidelines relating to:
- supporting successful transition to study including orientation and early assessment;
- academic and other student support services;
- student representation and voice;
- recognition of academic achievements.
- Monitor and report on:
- the effectiveness of, and student engagement with, student academic support services including transition to study services;
- student retention;
- students at risk and their engagement with student academic support services; and
- participation, progress and completion by identified student subgroups in the context of student support services.
- Advise on general and specific initiatives undertaken to improve student engagement and experience.
- Consider and report on any matters referred to by the Vice Chancellor, Academic Board or the Chair, Academic Board.
- Make a standing report to Academic Board at each ordinary meeting.
Section 2 - Composition
(2) The membership of the Student Academic Experience Committee is:
- Ex officio members
- Chair: Deputy Chair (Students), Academic Board
- Vice President (Students) and Registrar (or nominee)
- Dean, Graduate Studies (or nominee)
- Executive Director, Global (or nominee)
- Director, Centre for Teaching and Learning (or nominee)
- Dean, Gnibi College of Indigenous Australian Peoples (or nominee)
- Director, Business Intelligence and Quality (or nominee)
- Elected members
- One Associate Dean (Education) appointed by the Chair
- One coursework student appointed by the Chair
- One higher degrees research student appointed by the Chair.
(3) The Director, Student Support (or nominee) will be an attendee at all meetings of the Student Academic Experience Committee.